1. Children Under Age 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age (“Children”). No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from Children. If you are under age 13, do not use, register, or provide any information on the Websites or on or through any features; make any purchase through the Websites; use any interactive or public comment features of the Websites or provide any information about yourself to us (including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name).
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information We Collect, and Why
When accessing and using our Websites, the Company will learn certain information about you, both automatically and directly through voluntary actions you may take. “Personal Information” is anything that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly to an individual or business, regardless of the method or purpose of its collection. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available, de-identified, or aggregated. The term “Personal Information” shall also include information as described by any applicable privacy laws, including the CCPA, the GDPR or UK Privacy law, each as further described below under Sections 12 and 13.
3. How We Collect Your Personal Information
- Personal Information You Provide. The Websites provide various opportunities for users to voluntarily provide information, including by filling out forms, communicating with us via contact forms, responding to surveys, using our site search feature, providing comments or other feedback and ordering a Company product or service.
- Personal Information Collected Automatically. As you navigate our Websites, use our services, read our emails or otherwise engage with us, we may automatically collect non-personal data (“Usage Information”), including through technologies such as Google Analytics. Usage Information includes information such as your domain name, browser type, operating system, IP address, web pages viewed while visiting our site, links clicked, length of time spent on our Website, and the referring website through which you accessed the Website. Usage Information is collected to make our Website and services more useful to you and to customize your experience of the Website to meet your unique interests and needs.
We typically collect Usage Information through a variety of tracking technologies, including: cookies and other tracking technologies, and file logs and similar technologies.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information a website sends your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide a more personal and interactive experience. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser’s ‘help’ directions. If you choose to disable Cookies, some aspects or functions of our Websites may not work properly, and you may not be able to access certain services.
Social media pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites in order to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. The Company reserves the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources and/or the DAA, and you may also adjust your ad preferences through your social media settings.
4. How We Use and Share Personal Information
We use only the information we collect automatically to improve our Websites, brands and services. We use the information you provide us to meet our contractual obligations and on the basis that it furthers our legitimate interests: to
- Deliver a requested product and/or service;
- Improve our overall performance and offerings;
- Provide offers and promotions;
- Deliver requested information; and
- Improve your experience of the Websites.
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Other parties, in connection with a Company transaction or transition, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding; and/or
We do not control third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
5. Electronic Communications
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail, and telephone. This also applies when you register for our Website(s), sign up through any of our forms using your email address or make a purchase on this site. For further information, see the email policies below.
6. Email Policies
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as allowed in the section titled Disclosure of Your Information.
We will maintain the information you send via e-mail in accordance with applicable federal law.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mails sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Our emails provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
7. How We Use the Personal Information
We use Personal Information for purposes of presenting our Websites and its contents to you, providing you with information, providing you with offers for products and services, providing you with information about your subscriptions and products, carrying out any contract between you and the Company, administering our business activities, providing customer service, and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers.
From time-to-time, we may use the Personal Information to make you offers to purchase products and services provided by third parties in exchange for a commission to be paid to us by such third parties. Should you opt to take part in such promotions, the third parties will receive your Personal Information.
From time-to-time, we may use Personal Information to display advertisements to you that are tailored to your personal characteristics, interests, and activities.
8. Information Disclosure Policies
As a general rule, we do not sell, rent, lease or otherwise transfer any Personal Information collected whether automatically or through your voluntary action.
We may disclose your Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers for the purpose of providing our services to you.
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party, including a lawyer or collection agency, when necessary to enforce our terms of service or any other agreement between you and the Company.
We may provide your Personal Information to any successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s asserts and/or business.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights or when compelled by a court or other governmental entity to do so.
9. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of Personal Information and the information we collect automatically. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors.
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our Website(s) may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
The Company may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our Websites, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For Website security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the Company uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
11. Additional Information for Californian Consumers
11a. Your Rights under CCPA regarding Your Personal Information
California law provides you as a consumer specific rights with regard to the management and sale of your Personal Information. You have the right as a Californian consumer to expect disclosures as to whether we for our benefit or on behalf of another company, share or sell the Personal Information we collect or process for commercial gain. The law imposes on certain businesses an obligation to provide the means by which these rights can be exercised.
You may ask that we or partners for whom we process or those working on our behalf take specific actions with regard to the information about you.
- You may exercise these rights without concern. You cannot be charged for these requests, penalized in any way, denied benefits, products or services or charged differently for benefits, products or services for doing so. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com.
- You, or your authorized agent, may request the following actions in relation to your Personal Information:
- Opt-out. Discontinue the sharing, transfer, disclosure or sale of your information and not be contacted to request the resumption of those activities for at least 12-months.
- Request to Know. Provide you with information about what we hold and the processing of your Personal Information.
- Request to Delete. You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information and for us to direct the same of any third-party service providers processing your information on our behalf.
- Portability. Request that any information held be returned by mail or electronically, and if electronically held, be returned in a format permitting its transfer to another service.
11b. Verifying Your Identity
Please note that after submitting your initial request we may require additional information about your identity if we cannot verify it with the information you submitted and the information we already have. We are restricted from using that additional information for any purpose other than verifying your request or for security or fraud prevention. Except as required under CCPA, we must delete any additional information collected for the purpose of verifying your identity as soon as practical after processing your request. We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) days from receiving it and will respond within the timelines established under CCPA.
We, or our partners, on verification of your identity and legitimate standing to make the request, and if not an undue or unreasonable hardship for us, must act on your request, or at a very minimum, advise you as to why we cannot. There are specific reasons under the law which prevent accommodation of some requests, but if denied, we will advise as to why, to whom you may submit a complaint, and your options for challenge, redress or escalation.
11c. Exercising Your Rights
11d. Inquiries, Data or Information Requests, Complaints
If you have questions, would like to submit an inquiry, data or information request(s), or have a complaint about our use of your Personal Information or our response or handling of your requests regarding your Personal Information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Additional Information for UK and European Union Users
- Consent: The consent you provide to us when you share or submit your Personal Information with or to us;
- Legitimate interest: Our “legitimate interest,” as defined by GDPR and UK Privacy Law, or the legitimate interest of a third party, including you.
- Contract: Our contract performance, directly or indirectly, between us and you.
- Legal Obligation: Our compliance with a legal obligation that we are or may be subject to.
We will retain the any information until you ask us to:
- Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your Personal Information and give you access to your Personal Information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- Delete. Delete your Personal Information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your Personal Information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our applicable legal bases (see list of legal bases above) for processing your Personal Information.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
12a. Cross-Border Data Transfer
Whenever we transfer your Personal Information out of the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of Personal Information protection, the transfer will be based on one of the following safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for Personal Information, where required by EU data protection legislation:
- The consent you provide to us when you share or submit your Personal Information with or to us and when you visit our Websites;
- Contracts approved by the European Commission; or
- Other valid and applicable safeguards under GDPR and UK Privacy Law.
Please get in touch with us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Information out of the EEA.
If you are outside the European Union and opt to receive any free resources, participate in any free training programs, register for a webinar, register for a live event, register for a seminar, or purchase any products sold by the Company on this Website, we will automatically enroll you to receive our free email newsletter. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe anytime. We include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send. If you ever have trouble unsubscribing, you can send an email to email@example.com requesting to unsubscribe from future emails.
If you are in the European Union and opt to receive any free resources, participate in any free training programs, register for a webinar, register for a live event, register for a seminar, or purchase any products sold by the Company on this Website, we will only enroll you to receive our free email newsletter if you affirmatively consent to it. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe anytime. We include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send. If you ever have trouble unsubscribing, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to unsubscribe from future emails.
14. Contact Us
Susan B. Zimmerman Enterprise, LLC
53 Central Park Ct., Falmouth, MA 02540
Revised July 28, 2022