Getting sh*t done is a a huge challenge as an entrepreneur! Just look at our mile-long to-do lists. Here’s the truth: It’s taken me years to get focused and scheduled. That’s why in this blog post, I’m sharing my six time management tips for solopreneurs — so you can make the most of your time. In this blog post:
- Time Management Tip #1: Live by Your Calendar
- Time Management Tip #2: Be Realistic with Your Time
- Time Management Tip #3: What Do You Need to Be Successful?
- Time Management Tip #4:Plan Your Calendar in Advance
- Time Management Tip #5: Why I am No Longer a Solopreneuer
- Time Management Tip #6: Get Outside
Time Management Tip #1: Live by Your CalendarAs busy entrepreneurs we cannot rely on random post-it notes or messy to-do lists to keep us organized. If you feel like you’re wasting time, it’s time to try a calendar. I live by my calendar. If it’s not on my calendar then I’m not going to do it. That includes blocking off time to get tasks done. But it’s not just me. The entire SBZ team relies on our calendars to stay organized and ensure we’re all in the loop about important deadlines. That’s why Kate, a key member of my team, checks in with me every morning about what’s on my calendar. You can do this too, even if you don’t have a team. Make it a habit to check your calendar every morning — even before you check Instagram™. Plan out your day and stick to it!
Time Management Tip #2: Be Realistic with Your TimeAnother thing we do as entrepreneurs is stretch ourselves way too thin. Especially when our businesses are new, we don’t feel like we can say no to any opportunity. But ultimately this tendency to overextend ourselves leads to burnout. Be honest about your time:
- Do you need buffers between meetings?
- Do you want to shower before you start your day?
- Do you need a weekly check-in with your team?